Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

This Place Is Wiping Me Out...

Day 3, Wisconsin Dells…

I feel like today started a million hours ago.  Don’t get me wrong.  We’re having a lot of fun.  But this trip is happening at a strange pace for us as vacations go.  I am quickly having to change my mindset to one that says, “we are not going to get to do everything.”  I am more acquainted with the breakneck, “conquer it all,” mode.  It really is OK…

This morning, Phil and I made a Wal-Mart trip for some groceries while Grandma and Grandpa hung out at the resort with the kids. 

Upon our return, we went to the “Lost World” outdoor waterpark… in rather chilly weather… and spent a good long time in the lazy rivers.  Miah and Ian took their first rides down tube slides, and Seth, Grace, and Caleb tried mat slides for the first time.  I managed to forget to put my contact lenses in for the second morning in a row, so I had to pass on the bigger rides.  I could have ridden without my glasses, but I have this thing about being able to see when I go crashing into a splash pool…  We are still deciding whether we want to try the slides with the bottoms that drop out later in the week…

We had a late lunch back at the room, “rested” for awhile (if you can call it that with our resident super hero zipping through time and space), and headed out to the “Wild West” indoor waterpark for the evening.  Thanks to Ian, I actually remembered to trade the glasses for the contacts this time around and we enjoyed a family raft ride, two different tube slides, a giant kids play area with body slides that are really built for kids, but which I had to ride in order to catch Ian at the bottom, and the bumper boats!  The bumper boats were, hands down, the best part of the day.  Although I spent most of my ride taking pictures, I don’t have a whole lot to show for it, because some certain children ganged up on me and made my life a little… uh… soaked…  I think they got Phil even worse than me, though, so I guess I can’t complain!

Our embarrassing moment of the day came when Phil and I decided to sort of… uh… break it down… to MC Hammer’s “Can’t Touch This”… in our swimsuits… outside… in public.  I am pretty sure Seth and Grace have been looking for the kiosk where they can trade us in for cool parents (like you trade your wet towels in for dry ones) ever since.  I hope they don’t find it…

I also had an epic fail in the mom department, today, when I reminded my kids that chocolate comes from plants.  We are now adding it to the vegetable food group…

At present, I am sitting in a very quiet room… feeling chilled to the bone, even after a crazy long shower followed by a hot bath… and wondering how long I can convince this family to stay dry tomorrow…  I’ll let you know how that goes…

Trip Pics. of the Day:
 Coming Off the Mat Slides...

All of us in the lazy river (Next time we'll try to look at the camera...)
Lisa

No comments: