Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Thursday, June 7, 2012

It Was Another Busy Day...

Wisconsin Dells, Day 5…

We spent most of the day in the water, hitting the last outdoor waterpark, “Lake Wilderness,” where we utilized the double tubes to navigate our way through a pool that was deeper than expected and enjoyed another tube slide and some more body slides.  Ian took a trip down a medium sized body slide, and the kid literally flew off the end.  Grandma caught him by the life jacket.  I don’t think he’ll be doing anything like that again anytime soon, but I am glad that he’s getting a little bit braver…  I had some fun taking underwater pictures of my “big kids”, and Phil played basketball with them at one of the pools while I chased Ian and Miah around the baby play area.

Miah really loves it here.  She has thrown the best temper tantrums ever, pretty much every time we take a life jacket off of her.  We have begun to call them “fun jackets”!  I have a feeling she will be every bit as much of an adrenaline junkie as her mommy and big sister when she gets older…

We also returned to “Klondike Kavern” today and rode the lazy river something like 10,000 times!  We played in the kids’ fort area, as well.

Waterpark #3 on the day was “New Frontier”, where Phil and Grace took a spin down both a tube slide and a body slide… because Grace challenged Daddy to ride at least one body slide while we were here!  They’re not his favorite, by any stretch of the imagination, but there’s not much he wouldn’t do for our first princess…

We took a brief respite from the water at the mirror maze, which was very fun and extremely funny…  We literally could not distinguish between the real people in our party and the reflections at times.  I ran into myself on more than one occasion…

After returning to the room, Phil, Seth, Grace, Caleb, and I headed out to the “Lost World” park to make sure we made it to a few last attractions.  We were pleasantly surprised to find that the dual layer lazy river actually has a ramp that you can ride up!  Earlier in the trip it wasn’t running, but Caleb tried to get on it anyway.  We thought it was only for tubes and teased him about this, but the truth is… people can ride the tubes right up the ramp.  We had to take part in this novelty, of course.  I had promised Grace that I would race down the mat slides with her at some point, so this was the time.  It was far less than fun for me, because I started sucking water up my nose within moments of pushing myself down the slide.  I am rather shocked that I didn’t drown.  I did win the race though… even though Caleb insists that I was second.  (A lifeguard shoved him down the slide on the count of 3, but made the rest of us wait until he’d counted all the way down, so Caleb was actually feeling bad for “cheating,” but the truth is, he didn’t win anyway…  I didn’t bother to tell him that…) Grace was the only one of us willing to try the slides with the bottoms that drop out.  Unfortunately (for her), she didn’t weigh enough to ride the looping slide, but she did ride the vertical one, which was enough to just about give the rest of us heart attacks just watching her.  In typical Grace fashion, she did her earsplitting scream all the way down and then jumped off and exclaimed that, “IT… WAS… AWESOME!”

Dinner time… followed by TV time… followed by bedtime for the kids…

Phil has done an excellent job repacking our stuff, and we’re gearing up to get out of here tomorrow…

Lisa
Trip Pics. of the Day:
Hanging Out in the Cold Jet Pool

 Underwater Adventures

No comments: