Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Friday, October 2, 2015

Sometimes Things Are Different Than We Remember Them...

Today was like that.

It was a good day, filled with experiences that we have been looking forward to... waiting for... some of them for a very long time.

For example, we started out our day at Typhoon Lagoon.  We had not been there in almost ten years, for various reasons.  We remembered Typhoon Lagoon fondly and were a little sad each time we took a Florida trip and couldn't get back there.  And it was fun today.  It was really fun.  But it only took us about four hours to enjoy the whole park, and then we were done.  This is a far cry from how it was with two, four, and five year olds all those years ago...

I'm pretty sure we have now been successfully eaten
by every shark in Orlando:

There were quite a few moments where I heard words like, "That slide was kind of boring..."  It can be difficult to admit that there are some things the "big kids" have outgrown.  Much of Typhoon Lagoon was like that.  However, we did find the Crush 'n' Gusher water coaster slides, which kept us all busy for quite some time while we took turns playing with Miah in the wading pool.

Look!  We're a Hidden Mickey:

Ketchakiddie Creek:

Crush 'N' Gusher

After a stop at the cabin to get cleaned up and reset for the second half of our day (how weird is it that we have now done this two days in a row), Phil, Seth, Grace, Caleb, and Ian dropped Miah and me off at the Ticket and Transportation Center where we caught a monorail to the Magic Kingdom for an appointment at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.

The best part of this experience was just having some time alone with Miah.  She was super excited about going to the BBB, although she kept saying, "I have enough hair?"  Honestly, she doesn't.  I was pretty miffed by how her hair turned out, and to make matters worse, I felt like the fairy godmothers in training (yes, they sent two) were sort of snooty about her hair.  There was definitely an eye roll when she told them her favorite Disney princess is Rapunzel.  But here's the thing.  The kid just cannot grow hair.  We don't know why.  And that's OK.  She is beautiful all the time, and she loved her BBB hair, even if I had steam coming out of my ears.  It's about the experience.  I say this all the time, so I guess I'd better be able to suck it up and live into it.

"I have enough hair?"

Miah's eye roll cracked me up:

Seeing her princess makeover
for the first time:

Just hanging out at the castle:

We met the rest of the family at Epcot, where they had been having some fun of their own, taking another spin on Mission: Space and Spaceship Earth and having dinner at the Electric Umbrella.  This makes me smile.  I'm not sure exactly why these are favorite things, but they were happy.  We rode Mission: Space, again, Nemo, and then we found some food, too.  And by found, I mean that it was pouring rain, so Phil ran through the park hunched over Miah with an umbrella and dropped us off, again, at the Electric Umbrella, because that is where she wanted to eat (of course).  He then ran back across the park, in the downpour, to get me fish and chips in the UK, because that's just who he is. 

We considered watching Illuminations in the rain, but in the end exiting the park won out, because we are exhausted.  Honestly, I am also getting sick, which feels extra miserable on vacation and is probably adding to my propensity to be grouchy about every little thing.  I'm almost certain the water at Typhoon Lagoon was teeming with germs.  We'll see how this all pans out... 

L.

Pictures Taken Today: 267

No comments: