Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Games...

There are times when I have to sit back and wonder if God is playing with us…

That could be easily misunderstood. I am not complaining about God. And I am not suggesting that He is toying with us. That would mean something different altogether. I am simply perplexed by His nature… and by His timing…

It never ceases to amaze me that God tends to wait until we are completely to the end of ourselves before He shows up on the scene with a bang. That's not to say He wasn't there all along… just that He wasn't making enough noise for me to hear Him… I have even pondered, at times, if it is possible to exhaust my human resources and understanding more quickly in order to hear His voice louder… and faster… I wonder if I am the only one who thinks like this… yeah… probably…

Following are the lyrics for, "Lifeguard", off of Stellar Kart's album, "We Can't Stand Sitting Down". Please do not try to read too much into them. This is just a song that has been playing a lot around here lately (both on the stereo and in my head). Sometimes when I write, people tend to think that I am directing my comments at them, personally. So… It is with great caution that I even included verse 2 of this song. Just so you know… it is not directed at anyone specifically. Mostly, I've just been singing the chorus anyway…

"Lifeguard"

Decision making comes down
To do the best I know how
Everyone watching me
To see what I believe
If I am willing to fold
How far is too far to go
Can I stand up to this
Or will I swing and miss
I'm scared of this temptation
Feels like I'm gonna drown
Under all this attention
But you can't pull me down

Throw it at me
See if I'm ready
Can't touch my heart
'Cause I've got my lifeguard
Here to save me
He always will be
Watching my heart
My lifeguard

Put on your real face now
And show me what you're about
You were so cool I thought
But now I see you're not
Not even close to the truth
I'll never give into you
I'm though with failure
This time it's over
I know that this temptation
Can't get the best of me
Under all this attention
I'll make it wait and see

Responsibility, never easy
I'm never given more than I'm ready for

So… alright… Bring it on…

Lisa

No comments: