Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Locked Out!

There are some things in life that are only supposed to happen in the movies... or at the very least only to other people that you read about in some obscure news article on a slow news day...

Today I took my kids to Wal-Mart. Upon exiting, I determined to change diapers before leaving the parking lot. I sat Caleb up in the passenger seat and closed the door. I changed Ian's diaper first and buckled him in. Then I closed the sliding door. And only then did I realize that Caleb had locked me out of the van!

I immediately did the only rational thing I could think of. I started pounding on the door and begging Seth to let me in. He and Grace both looked at me with smirks on their not so innocent little faces and appeared rather helpless...

It was a very hot day, but this was not bothering them in the least, since the van was running with the air conditioning going full blast. I was the only one sweating...

After a few moments, Seth found it in his best interest to unbuckle his seat belt and manually unlock the sliding door for me. I changed Caleb's diaper and threatened to make him eat quiche tonight, instead of pizza, if he squirmed out of his car seat at any point during our return trip (another of his recent antics). It worked like a charm, because, of course, everyone hates quiche... except me...

Ah... kids are fun.

Lisa

No comments: