Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Happy 5th Birthday, Caleb!!!

Oh... Wow...

Turning five is just huge...

Five years ago, I experienced the most physically demanding day of my life, mixed with an emotional roller coaster ride that, in turn, brought me face to face with one absolutely amazing baby boy...
I remember looking at Caleb for the first time and thinking that I didn't want to miss a single moment of his life. Looking back, now... it just goes too fast...

So this morning, I was awakened by a spinning ball of kinetic energy, running circles around my bed! This began when Caleb's feet hit the floor after realizing that it was his birthday! In a lot of ways, it was a sort of regular Wednesday. Five years old marks a coming of age in our house, so there will be a big party for friends on Saturday.

Our activities included birthday pics (some of which were "rained out", but that's the beauty of back blogging) and music class. Caleb chose his birthday dinner after much deliberation, and we ended up with pizza, cupcakes, and mint moose tracks ice cream. Phil and I gave him his presents from us, but Seth, Grace, and Ian will wait for party day...

Gosh... he is just so big:

Lisa

No comments: