Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Thursday, May 21, 2009

One More Hot Date...

It was Caleb's turn tonight...

First, let me say, that he played pretty hard to get. When I told him we were going to have a date night, he was just horrified, saying, "Mommy, I'm not old enough to date," and then, "Mommy, I can't date with you... you already dated with Daddy!" I finally convinced him that it was OK for us to have a Mommy/Caleb "date night" and what that meant was that we were going to go do something special together, but yes... he is too young to date until his 42nd birthday, and no... Mommy would not date anyone but Daddy... and him... and Seth... and Ian...

Finally we were off to Thomas the Tank Engine Live: A Circus Comes to Town! We had to drive over an hour to get there, and Caleb actually took a nap, which was a good thing since the show had such a late start time. When we were less than five minutes from our destination it occurred to me that I had absolutely no cash on me and that it was going to cost us to park and that the parking lot attendant probably wasn't going to take my credit card...

We pulled over at the mall and I actually paid for an ATM transaction... the second time I've done this since moving here, and I think the second or third time I've done this in my life. I felt kind of irritated with myself. We hopped back into the van and headed straight for the Island of Sodor...

I think Caleb was actually more enamoured with the spinning, light up toy that I bought him... and with the huge bag of popcorn that we could not even manage to consume completely than he was with the show. Don't get me wrong, he had a fantastic time, and it was completely worth it. I just found it hilarious that I actually had to encourage Thomas' biggest fan on a couple of occasions to focus on the stage!

As far as what I thought? Well... I was looking at the number of ticket stubs we've collected over the past 18 months, and it's something like ridiculous... When you are almost 30 years old, every stage show starts to look the same (except at Disney, of course... Disney is magic...). At any rate, I loved being there, because this was for Caleb. I loved taking him out and just enjoying a night together. But dinner afterward (Cheddar's, yum) was probably a bigger highlight for me than Thomas... Still, here's a few pics. of the adventure:

And a quick video clip at the end of the show:



We got home around 11:30... Definitely after curfew...

Lisa

No comments: