Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

And It Just Keeps Getting Better...

Thought of the day...

It's worse to be bitten by a sheep than a wolf.  Thank you, Dr. Diehl.

Today was just plain fun, to be honest.  There is nothing like hanging out with fellow minister friends and hearing stories about the awful stuff your husband did in high school.  Even if you've heard them before, they never... ever get old!  Thanks Melissa and Russ for rescuing us from the mostly metal play structure when the lightning started flashing!

We did have fun at the playground, though... for about 30 minutes:




Nothing like old friends, either.  I hadn't seen Erin in almost seven years, and we really hadn't had a chance to sit down and talk in about a dozen.  It's true that real friends are the ones who can go that long between visits and just pick up where they left off.  I am, however, not planning to go that long between visits again.  I have no idea who she will let wear the bridesmaid dress from my wedding if I don't keep tabs on her (personal, private, inside joke that almost has me in tears, because it's so funny every time I think about it):


Finished up my night at a coffee shop, with Katie, who is often the highlight of my Michigan visits.

This day has left me with a smile on my face and much to ponder...

The Cost
By: Rend Collective Experiment

I'm saying yes to You
And no to my desires
I'll leave myself behind
And follow You

I'll walk the narrow road
'cause it leads me to You
I'll fall but grace
Will pick me up again

I've counted up the cost
Oh I've counted up the cost
Yes I've counted up the cost
And You are worth it

I do not need safety
As much as I need You
You're dangerous
But Lord You're beautiful

I'll chase You through the pain
I'll carry my cross
'cause real love
Is not afraid to bleed

Jesus
Take my all
Take my everything

I've counted up the cost
And You're worth everything

L.

No comments: