Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Friday, January 19, 2007

More Randomness...


  • ...from one who doesn't blog consistently enough...

    I have thought long and hard about how to respond to the comments about my talking fish. At last, it came to my attention that I have been lying all these years. It was completely unintentional, but the truth is, I never had a "talking" fish. What I had was a communicating fish. My fish did not say any words. However, as I though about this further, I realized that I know a whole lot of people who say many, many words and never communicate anything. With that in mind, I am glad that I had a communicating fish. "Luckey" (that was my fish, and yes, I spelled it right) would come to the side of the bowl and move his little fishy mouth to let me know when he was hungry. And, sometimes, it seemed like he was really talking. He also played with bouncy balls (by pushing them around the bowl with his nose) and did some amazing jumping (not exactly like a porpoise, mind you, but close)... There are many stories to accompany my "wonder-fish", and if you are ever really bored, I could probably keep you entertained for some time. By the way, when Luckey died we did not flush him. We buried him. And I still know where...

    On to other things...

    Have I ever shared that my most hated domestic task in all the world is doing laundry? I don't like dishes a whole lot, either, but they are at least manageable... most of the time. Laundry, on the other hand, never ends. Even if I accomplish my great goal of one day getting it ALL clean, folded, and put away, we will still be wearing clothes, so something will be dirty by the end of the day... Oh well, I guess it beats fig leaves...

    And on to other things...

    I resumed exercising this week. Ian is a good walking buddy in his front carrier! I am also doing some digital scrapbooking, which is really fun and not so messy! Add that to school (mine and the kids), sports (just the kids... I can't do that sports thing, as many of you know well), various appointments, and basic life stuff (see laundry paragraph above), and I think we've nearly established a new "normal"...

    And in the media today...

    Just wondering... Has anyone read Dee Henderson's newest book, "Before I Wake"? I have heard that the reviews weren't that great, but I just finished it, and I loved it... Also, has anyone seen "Thr3e"? I haven't been to the movies since 1995, but I'm tempted...

    Lisa

No comments: