Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Friday, December 19, 2008

I Pretty Much Hate Forwarded E-mail...

... However...

This morning I got an e-mail that had a quote from Rick Warren in it (by the way, I am not a huge Warren fanatic, although I did read "Purpose Driven Life", and I think he's a good guy). Here's what it said:

"God didn't put me on Earth just to fulfill a to-do list. He's more interested in what I am than what I do. That's why we're called human beings, not human doings."

I liked that. And to be honest, it's exactly what I needed to read this morning.

Speaking of what I'm doing... blogging at 8am... As it turns out, we stayed out kinda late last night, enjoying the Illuminate/Journey Christmas Party, which was the most relaxing party I've experienced this season! The kids were supposed to have a Christmas party this morning for music class (well, actually I guess it was Caleb's party, but everyone was invited). However, there is a sheet of ice covering... well... everything! So, of course, the party has been canceled. The kids are going to be totally bummed out about this when they wake up (they are still asleep... amazingly... due to the late night), but it's actually kind of a blessing, because now I don't have anywhere to go today, so we can just stay home and hang out!

I do have one little (uh...) problem. For the upcoming Super Seek-ret Sleepover, we are supposed to be making knot blankets. However, the fleece I ordered has still not arrived! This is not (or knot... hehehe) good! I am going to have to make a run to Wal-mart... or Hobby Lobby... or somewhere to get fleece if it doesn't get here today. That is, if the ice clears. If not, I am clearly not going anywhere!

Lisa

PS I am going to try to get some pics. up from the zoo. Check back at the zoo post (a few days ago) later today! L.

No comments: