Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Totally Burned Out...

... And so ends another semester.

My grades are going to show it this time around. For a long time now, I have been able to "squeak by", bringing in pretty good final grades, even in the midst of complete chaos, but that will not be the case this term...

You know... I'm really tired of not even being able to sit down and compose an e-mail without starting off by apologizing profusely for being so late to respond, because my life is so busy or ending with a rushed explanation about what I have to run to do next.

Something has to give...

I am completely and totally burned out, and the things I'm doing that keep me so busy are not the things I want to remember as the way life was in this stage...

I want to finish playing Super Mario Brothers with Seth so we can move on to Super Mario Brothers Two...

I want to schedule "girl time" with Grace again, so she'll learn how to paint her nails and use her spirograph...

I want to spend hours building outrageous duplo train layouts with Caleb before he's too big for "baby" toys...

I want to cuddle with Ian and read him book... after book... after book...

I want to go out with my husband...

I want to read my Bible...

And as I sit here with tears streaming down my face... and as I think about all the stupid things I've done in the last few weeks... and as I am distracted, wondering when the last time I fed the fish was... Well, like I said before, something has to give...

And it's not going to be what's important anymore...

Lisa

No comments: