Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Really Could've Used Nana Today...

There are many times in which I stop and remember my grandparents. Perhaps you read the tributes I wrote to each one some months ago. I miss Nana the most at Christmas cookie baking time, each year.

Me, Julie, Amy, and Nana Making Cookies:
(I'm not sure why the quality of this scan is so bad. The picture, itself, is great.)
Every year Nan made tons of dough for all of us, and then she let us create in only the way three little (uh... sometimes devious) girls can! I'm tellin' you, we made dozens and dozens of cookies!

Today I made cookies with my kids. I made two batches of cookie dough each, but I didn't let them use it all! Instead, I saved a whole bunch for the upcoming sleepover and snagged some, myself, for the Christmas party tonight. All in all, Seth, Grace, and Caleb each made around a dozen cookies... and we let Ian carry an empty bowl around...

If Nana was still alive, she'd be 92 years old. And I would have called her. And I hope she would have come to make cookies with us. And I hope she would have brought her own dough!

I don't really know for sure if people can look back on Earth once their lives here are finished. If Nana can, she is surely laughing at me today, maybe even shaking her head and remembering the fillings that were lost on the incredible "cookie bombs" over the years. I am sure she would agree that I deserve Caleb's creation shown below, and look... his little hands are still sprinkling:

Seriously, how many sprinkles can you put on one cookie? At least there are none inside:
(Actually, the picture doesn't do this justice, either. The sprinkles are like an inch thick!)
Ah... memories... The stuff life is made of...

Lisa

No comments: