Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Oh, So Random...

... Well, so much for my relaxing summer, so far! We kicked it off with homeschool camp, which was a real adventure. I don't even really know what to say. I certainly didn't expect to walk right into co-ed dorms, and it went downhill from there (at least to an extent)!

The kids had fun and made friends, so it's all good... except they will probably never see their new friends again, because it's not like this is an organization that does things together on a regular basis. I never, ever thought I'd say this about a camp experience, but recreation time was definitely my favorite... Please see video:



Softball season is in full swing... except for those of us who prefer to stand at the plate and hope for balls... Our first double header was a near disaster, redeemed only by the fact that we are doing this for fun! Our next game was better, although we still lost, but at least we were finished in time to get ice cream!

The kids are participating in the public library summer reading program and hoping to earn lots of free kids meals and ice cream! Add that to eating breakfast on the deck and picnics in the park, and they are happy! Now... if we could just get the swingset up and figure out how to make the pool fit...

Grace had her piano awards ceremony and recital. I don't have the video on my camera, and I don't think Phil has captured it yet, but I'll try to remember to put it up when he does. She hit one pretty terrible note, but she kept playing, so it was alright in the end. I am so proud of her... little miss perfection...

Our new "pets" Einey, Meenie, Miney, and Mama Lilly Groundhog are still boycotting the live trap that will lead them to a life of freedom at the resevoir with Papa Bear and Moe... It would be really convenient if they would catch on soon, because I'd like to fill in their home under the garage and pave a nice tricycle riding area in the back...

Grace and I have the coundown goin' on for Orlando! 13 more days to go!

And I guess that about covers it for the first two weeks of vacation!

Lisa

No comments: