Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Saturday, March 16, 2013

I Feel Great...

... after writing words that I'm not going to post, because I still have some social filters left.

Here's the part of my day I still feel inclined to share...

I feel like this day started a hundred years ago.  I’m tired.  And yet I wished for a few moments of quiet in the middle of the night to get these thoughts out, and here I sit…

Let’s start with Ian’s last Upward game for the season.  Even though his teammates gave him the ball over… and over… and over again, the kid just doesn’t shoot.  He likes to pass.  He is the king of assists.  One of the referees even lifted him up to make a basket, today, and Ian laughed hysterically and dropped the ball!  I love that kid.  He did earn an offense star for his t-shirt, today, as well as a star for Christlikeness.  Rolling his eyes, Ian said, “Another Christlikeness star?”  This led to a conversation, amidst contained laughter, about how he should want to be Christ-like all the time!  Unless Ian makes a 180 between today and next season, I don’t think he’ll play basketball again.  He really did enjoy his coaches and the other kids, and they were great, but Ian doesn’t love basketball.  What Ian loves is drinking Gatorade on Saturdays…

He did get a shot off at the end.
You can see from the angle here that it didn't go,
but it's all good.

Seth and Grace had a big day at their first District Celebrate Life!  Seth entered a drawing and received an excellent rating, so it will go on to Regionals.  Grace did a piano solo, which received a superior rating and a vocal solo, which received an excellent, so both of these events advance, as well!  In addition, they were recognized for their fourth place finish as a zone quiz team and for their individual places from two weeks ago.  As it turns out, one of the district A team members has decided to play volleyball at RCL, so Seth gets to move up, and both he and Grace will quiz on the A team at regionals! 
 Here’s the haul from today:
And oh…  Caleb who had a rough basketball season seems to be the only family member talented enough to catch flying t-shirts…  

 I think he’s going to have to grow into this one:  

L.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He will. :)

phil