Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Welcome To The Show...

It's vacation time!

If you know me, you know that I have a theory that every child should have a magical trip to Disney World when he or she is four or five years old.  I'm not even sure how this theory developed.  I went to Disney when I was three and then again when I was six, so it' not like this came from personal experience.  However, each of our children has, indeed, visited Disney World during the "magical age range", and so now it's Miah's turn.  Because of this, and because it's generally not easy to come up with an exceptionally interesting blog for the first travel day of a vacation, this post is mostly going to be about Miah.  A few random stories...

Life as the mother of a very imaginative five year old is generally a huge blessing.  However, I have gotten myself into some serious trouble with this one, because she has this idea in her head that since Disney is a place where dreams come true, whatever she dreams about will happen.  She is planning to dream of a unicorn, tonight, her latest surefire scheme to attain one.  A real one.  No number of toy unicorns will do.  Does anyone have an extra unicorn? 

I'm pretty sure Grace decided to stop being best friends with Miah when Miah dumped an entire cup of water on Grace's seat...  the first time.  The second time... well... it wasn't pretty...

Miah likes cities.  She thought that Dayton looked great, but that it might be a good idea to keep traveling toward Disney World, anyway.  I have been informed that she is going to live in Atlanta when she grows up, because it is so pretty... even though it will take me a long time to travel to visit her.

This is my favorite picture of Miah, today.  Actually, this is my favorite picture of anyone, today:


Let me tell you why.  Miah is covered in "Purple Dinosaur" ice cream.  She doesn't care, because she is five.  She is simply happy.  I love that.

It gets a little trickier when you are 13:


Grace is horrified that she is covered in "Double Chocolate Chunk" ice cream.  In fact, this is so embarrassing that she is actually hiding behind the ice cream cone.  She did, however, like her shadow today, and because I think she has the cutest shadow ever (so what if I'm her mom), I think you should have the pleasure of seeing it, too.


And then, it gets even worse when you are a 36 year old mom who took exactly zero minutes to try to look good, this morning, because it is just a travel day.  Except, at some point it occurred to you that there is a life lesson in this for your 13 year old daughter, so you should probably suck it up, remember that your kids love you no matter what, and post a couple of terrifying pictures of your own ice cream adventure, because it was really more about the experience than anything else. 



If you have any questions about why I am licking my hands, it is actually not because the "Peanut Butter Buckeye" ice cream was that good...  although it was good...  I am simply taking a cue from Ian who was the only one of us with enough humility to recognize that ice cream was melting all over the place, and there were not enough napkins for everyone. 

On second thought, maybe this post was a terrible idea.

Thanks for following our trip!

L.

Pictures Taken Today: 105

No comments: