Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Oceans From The Rain...


Today I have ridden every variety of kiddie ride known to humanity that might appeal to a five year old.  I might feel a little bit queasy, but I am simultaneously very happy that Miah is, indeed, an adrenaline junkie.  At one point, Grace turned to me and said, "Mom.  She's like us."  That pretty much made my day.

No one even had to tell her to put her hands up:
Miah was obsessed with The Shamu Express.
Phil rode it with her twice on Tuesday.
I rode it with her, today:
And since she just had to ride it once again,
Caleb came through:

This is how Seth and Grace feel about The Shamu Express at this point: 

The Jazzy Jellies:

The Sea Carousel: 

And The Flying Fiddler:

We managed to get on Journey to Atlantis (actually that was the first stop of our day), and I'm happy to report that Miah likes "big" rides, too, so maybe we won't have to spin around in tight circles for the remainder of this trip to keep her happy!  How about a video clip:

As if that's not enough, I also taught Miah the art of attaining cheap souvenirs.  Mom win:


We also managed to do absolutely everything that we wanted to finish up at Sea World, and we even did some of it multiple times.  I sure can't complain about that!

The Shamu show is always a highlight:

I love that it looks like this whale is flying:

In addition, we had some animal encounters that were pretty fun:

Grace finally got to pet a dolphin:
Flamingo Kisses:

Orca Underwater Viewing:

And met some characters:


We ate at Shark's Underwater Grill and then proceeded to try to get the perfect shark selfie... in the dark.  I think we did relatively well:

Does this count as eating shark?

I have decided that you can tell a lot about a person by his or her facial expression upon being eaten by a shark:

There have been some moments on this trip when I have wondered if I'm going to survive having teenagers on vacation, but just when I thought it might be miserable forever, they decided to ride something by themselves.  All of them.  (Caleb gets to count as a teenager in this case, even though he's not):

Just one more thing, and then that's a wrap for tonight:

L.

Pictures Taken Today: 250

No comments: