Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Friday, September 25, 2015

Shifting Sand...


Today we took our last trip ever to  Wet N Wild, which is super sad, since we've made some good memories there.  Ironically, the park was so changed since we last visited in 2008 that it almost seemed like a different place, altogether.  Some of our favorite attractions are gone, and our very favorite, The Flyer, was closed for refurbishment, so... you know... we made some new memories...

Here's The Surge, which was closed last time we were here:

And the Aqua Drag Racer, which took the place of the Bubba Tub:


Grace and Caleb also really enjoyed Mach 5, also closed last time, which was another face first mat slide.  I only took video of that one.

I am more and more aware of how frustrating it is that "family" rides almost always have a limit of four riders.  Phil and I had tons of fun riding things with Ian and Miah, today, but I feel as if I'm missing out on my older kids' experiences this time around.  I guess it's always one way or the other.  I give up!  We do have a pretty fabulous family selfie in the lazy river, though:


And all those times where someone has to wait around with Miah because she still doesn't clear a few height requirements?  Well, I found a solution to that.  She also loves taking selfies:


These pictures don't fit neatly into any sort of narrative, but...


It was pretty funny that Miah thought the Lazy River was a "hands up" kind of ride:



And this one's just awesome, because it looks like Seth is kicking Caleb in the face...  which, of course, he is not:



Although it was a great day at the water park, I think the word I heard used, most frequently, was, "cheesecake".  I have learned that I should never tell my children where we are eating ahead of time.  I'm pretty sure they were too distracted by the upcoming dessert to really care that much about the rides!  No kidding!  Or it might just be that they are exhausted.  They are begging to sleep in tomorrow, which we just might do.

L.

P.S. I made a huge error, today, when I accidentally wore my glasses as opposed to my contacts!  This is near disastrous for me at amusements parks of any kind, but water parks are the worst, by far.  And yet, I survived.

Pictures Taken Today: 218

No comments: