Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Monday, April 21, 2008

Amazing Weekend, Part 3...

On Sunday after church, we left for Chicago to celebrate the beautiful princess Abby's 4th b-day...
As always, we had a great time with Brad, Sheri, and Abby. Here is a picture of their family after I finished torturing them in my make shift "studio"... hehehe...

I had a great time taking princess and pirate pics, while my children went pillaging... and plundering... and basically enjoyed themselves at Abby's party. Memorable quotes include, "You're in the crock pot!" and, "There is no Gooser!" both stated by Grace while playing duck, duck goose... I think everyone was tired at the end of the day, but that didn't keep Abby and Grace from staying up giggling to all hours of the night... Are we ever in for it in Florida!

On Monday, we took the kids to Shedd to celebrate Caleb's b-day a little early. Originally we had planned to take him in May, but it just worked out so well that we decided to do this while we were already in Chicago. As a side note, it was cheaper for our family to become members at Shedd for a year than to visit once, so we can now go back if we find ourselves in Chicagoland again in the next 365 days...

We had a really fantastic time, and I am posting another slideshow below, because I am finding that they are less time consuming than scrapbook pages, and let's face it, I am already behind on this post (thank goodness for the ability to backdate on blogger...) The slideshow, itself, is about 4 minutes long. Please take note that I have become fascinated with sting rays but could not include all of the pictures... I forgot to include the pictures of the pregnant, male sea dragons... no kidding... I absolutely assured Caleb before our trip that there would be no monkeys at Shedd, and he was sorely disappointed... but not for long... and we found Nemo...



To close, here's a fun pic. of the kids with the Chicago skyline behind them, even though everybody was far too tired to pose at this point...

Lisa

No comments: