Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Unleavened Pizza...

... Should Probably Not Be Eaten

So... I kinda pride myself on my cooking ability. I certainly make good pizza. But things have been a little... well... hectic around here, to say the least.

Yesterday, I started to make pizza dough. And for some reason... at the very same moment... Phil decided it was a good time to clean the refrigerator. Ordinarily, this might have worked out OK, but I was also doing dishes at the time, and... well... I can talk and chew gum at the same time, but I can only multi-task so well...

When I went to get the dough out of the bread machine I thought to myself, "you know, it's weird that it didn't rise more than this". By the time I actually got around to getting the dough out, it had been an exceptionally long time... But I didn't think a whole lot more about it and proceeded to fry the bacon, enhance the sauce, and wash yet another refrigerator shelf that Phil sent my way.

I made up the pizza... and some breadsticks... and kept thinking, "gosh... I thought this would have made more dough"...

I baked the pizza while mixing a batch of peanut butter cookies. The reason there wasn't as much cookie dough as there should have been is that I ate it... that was easier to figure out than the pizza.

I baked the pizza for the normal amount of time. I pulled it out and thought, "this just doesn't look quite right". I couldn't believe it, but it looked like it needed to bake longer, so I put it back in the oven.

And then I turned around and thought to myself, "you know... the dough kind of looks like my homemade communion bread..." And a couple of minutes later, the light bulb came on and I finally realized that I had forgotten the yeast! DUH...

In the end, we ate the pizza. Phil remarked that maybe I could market it as "Jewish" pizza, since the bread was unleavened. I told him that might work if it wasn't covered in bacon and pepperoni...

We got full really fast...

I still feel like there is a rock in my stomach...

I'm so glad we weren't having company...

Lisa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

so i must remember that if you invite us over for pizza, i should probably offer to pick it up on the way to your house, right?????

:)

. said...

So....wait....now you are blaming this on ME? I'll just sit here while I roll my eyes...

phil

Anonymous said...

hmmmm....i don't see her as "blaming" you.....just pointing out that you picked a rather, uh, shall we say "interesting" time to clean the fridge!!

;)

. said...

Ah, but you did not see the fridge when I opened it. I had no choice!

:)

phil

Anonymous said...

oh one always has a choice.....do i do this now, or later, or never!!!

;)

(remember, us girls stick together!!)

. said...

It was more like,

"Do I do this now, or do I let all my food rot because water is leaking all over my refrigerator?"

Just trying to be a responsible citizen!

I need to find someone to gang up with me to help me here....

Any guys out there reading this comment thread?

:)

phil