Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Thursday, April 3, 2008

How Did It Come To This?

So... this morning I woke up at 5:15. This is a great accomplishment for me. Although I want it to happen again, tomorrow, it probably won't. That's because I am inconsistent...

I spent quiet time with God... inconsistent...

Exercised like I need to... inconsistent...

Took time to wash my face, soak my feet, smother lotion on my belly and hands... inconsistent...

Did my hair... inconsistent

Didn't take a shower, but that wasn't really my fault... We have a water back-up issue goin' on...

Applied oils... and deodorant... to make up for missing the shower... inconsistent... OK, so most days I don't miss the deodorant...

Around 7:15 (yeah, the kids slept in), I stopped for a minute and thought, "I really do not take care of myself!" This has become a problem. So much so, that I found myself whining, a couple of days ago, about how I never do anything for myself! Now, as you probably know, this is an exaggeration. I do plenty of things for myself every single day. I just don't do the right things...

As a wife and mommy of four, it is true that I don't have a whole lot of quiet time for just me. Let's face it, I can't even go to the bathroom without someone knocking on the door, and I have been known to utter things like, "Everybody sit down and try not to gouge each other's eyes out so Mommy can go upstairs and brush her teeth today!" Life is... expectantly... hectic.

There have been many occasions on which I have felt guilty for wanting to do something for myself, so I just didn't. Unfortunately, I think that brought me to a point at which I have been a bit... well... resentful of my family... or at the very least, my role in my family... and that just sucks!

So... now I'm looking at that last paragraph and wondering why I'm sharing this on the World Wide Web, but I tend to pride myself on transparency, so there it is... guess I won't erase it...

I think I have a point in all of this... just hang on a minute...

I need to take care of myself. I don't really have the time to do it, but I don't really have the time not to do it, either...

I think I need about 4 hours a day for this... And I know I don't have 4 hours a day... But if I could just wake up around, say, 5:00... consistently... I think that would be a good start...

Lisa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey....my alarm goes off at 5:15 every weekday (weekends and spring and summer vacation aren't included!!) if you want me to, i'll call you a week from monday at 5:15!!! i'm on spring break next week!!
;)