Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Why I Still Love Teenagers...

Or Maybe I should call this post, Why Teenagers Still Drive Me Crazy...

Last night was quite a night... kind of like a roller coaster...

I think the best part was when Kaylee looked at me like I was crazy when I said I had four kids. How she missed this fact over the course of the past 6 months is beyond me, but anyhow... Apparently, she thought I was 18! What a compliment... I think. I hope I am still "cool" now that the truth is out...

Worst part of the night was definitely when I got a call on my cell and picked it up, only to find out that it was the 9-1-1 dispatcher, and that someone had called 9-1-1 from my cell earlier in the night to report a stolen bike...

After me exclamation of, "He used my cell phone to call 9-1-1?" I kind of blubbered for a few seconds and then finally regained my composure enough to explain that I did have some sort of official capacity at the firehouse and that I was, indeed, aware that a bike was stolen. Then, I apologized... profusely... for the disturbance... Thankfully, I think the dispatcher was getting a real kick out of me...

The moral of this story is that it is very important to explain the difference between filing a police report and dialing 9-1-1 before you hand your cell phone over to a kid whose bike has just been stolen, so that he can call his mom... lesson learned...

Much more to say, but not enough time to say it tonight...

Lisa

No comments: