Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Monday, October 27, 2008

Florida Or Bust...

... Day 2

Here it is, the end of our second day of vacation... and I'm finding myself thinking I should not be so completely exhausted... because we really haven't done anything yet... well... except travel... and I guess that is significant!

Today was a bit more challenging than yesterday, as everyone was getting a little antsy in the car. We had some pretty good fights break out, but in the end the only injuries came from the kids being so excited to be "free" when we actually reached the hotel that Caleb slammed his head into a nightstand, and Grace bumped her nose... overall... no harm done, really!

We slept in, this morning, until 5:30... Uh... yeah... I wrote that right. We had planned to leave a bit earlier, but Phil figured he really needed four hours of sleep to function, so that's the way it went down!

Even though we started late, we still arrived in Brandon a little after 6:00, which was earlier than we had originally planned. We made up most of the time by opting not to sit down for dinner, but rather to reheat our leftovers from yesterday at the hotel. Unfortunately, Phil just now informed me that there is no microwave here... so I am feeling a little on the hungry and cranky side. The kids went to sleep without a real dinner, but it doesn't matter much, because they have been snacking on junk all day anyhow...

We had Chick-Fil-A for lunch, and other than a minor... uh, shall we say "identity crises" on Phil's part, it was just as good as usual!

We were all excited to meet Brad, Sheri, and Abby at the hotel and to take a dip in the pool... which felt warm at first but got cooler the longer we swam... and resulted in us all turning into icicles when we actually got out. Other than the fact that Caleb flipped out of a tube... causing me to let go of Ian's float for a moment... which in turn sent Ian underwater... and brought all three of us up looking a little shocked... our swim time was a much needed break from being cooped up in the van all day...

I still haven't decided exactly what to do about posting video while we are on this trip. It is a little more complex than I imagined it would be. I hope to post some at some point, but it won't be daily like I planned. I do have trip pics. for the day, of course. These are some pics. of us at the pool (I forgot to take my water camera down there... duh!), as well as one of Ian after he got all dried off and in his jammies... and blanket...

Grace... Showin' Off...

Right After Our "Spill"

Abby and Seth... Seth was swimming better than ever tonight!

Is he cute... or what?

Tomorrow should be quite the adventure... Busch Gardens, here we come... in the balmy 30-60 degree Florida weather... For now, I am going to finish my dinner of cashews and dove chocolate (which I just remembered I have)... and go to sleep for hopefully around eight hours!

Lisa

No comments: