Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Friday, October 10, 2008

Wasting Time...

...That I don't have to waste!

But... anyhow... I have needed to make a post for some time. I hope that in the very near future I will have the chance to smother this blog with videos and pics. of things like the end of summer children's program, Backyardigans Live, and our recent (uh... yesterday) field trip to Science Central. I have also had some really great Spiritual kinds of thoughts here lately that I want to share. But for now... I have a somewhat mindless rambling on this very cold day, on which I am sick, and on which I am functioning on little sleep since I stayed up until 2am...

Begin Rant:

So... I was reading all the rumor boards about what might happen at Cedar Point next summer. Look, I warned you that I was wasting time! Did you not read the title of this post? Anyway... looks like the most popular predictions are that Disaster Transport and/or Demon Drop will come down (uh... have we not all been saying this for many, many years)... And that a lot of people would like to see a dark ride, water coaster/water ride, huge wooden coaster, or flyer (no surprises here either). I, for one, want a flyer. I have never been on one, and you know CP would build the best one ever.

At any rate, I came to one post that just almost cracked me up. The vote was for a new wooden coaster, and I quote,

"Woodie. The park only has 2 woodies and with 17 coasters that is pretty odd. Both of their woodies Aren't anything special. I can understand that Blue Streak is a nice little historical woodie but Mean Streak is just a big mess from what I've heard. And since woodies are getting popular again they could take out Mean Streak and put in a BIG GCI or Gravity Group. Maybe even an Intamin! Mean Streak takes up a lot of space doesn't it? An Intamin would be great right there." (http://www.coaster-net.com/forums/?showtopic=8777)

You know, I just love reading posts by people who can't count almost as much as I love reading posts by people who can't spell... (Not to mention the fact that the post would have been a lot easier to read if the guy just said "Wooden Roller Coaster"... my gosh... people just don't think!)

CP Wooden Coasters:
Blue Streak
Mean Streak
Mine Ride
Uh... Gemini... hello!

That comes to four, I think. Could someone count that up for me, just to make sure I've got it right? It just irritates me when people try to look cool by talking about something that they know nothing about. Have I ever done that myself? Yes... absolutely. I made myself sick.

So... yeah... there are definitely things I could be doing right now that would be a better use of my time than this. But just so you know, based on my research I think the most likely scenario is that CP is either going to revamp Mean Streak to make it a more palatable ride, or I think there will, indeed, be a new Wooden Coaster. One of those things, or the park might actually take a year off to improve Soak City or the resorts or something. Personally, I'd like to see them resurrect the Mill Race or at the very least bring Pepsi Plunge on over from Geauga and stick it in Kiddie Kingdom. Flume rides are really fun for little kids, and they can't ride Snake River (which isn't even a "real" flume ride) until they're 48" tall...

OK... I'm out... I need to go do some Chinese Fire Drills or something...

Lisa

No comments: