Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Spider That Made Me Cry...

... So, I took my kids (Seth, Grace, and Caleb) to see Charlotte's Web today.

I read Charlotte's Web a long time ago, and come on... everybody knows Charlotte dies at the end. But I honestly got tears in my eyes when she did, and sat there thinking to myself what an idiot I must look like, because here I am sitting front and center, mind you, crying over a fictional spider, when I smash the real ones at my house all the time... ah... the irony...

After the show, I took Caleb to the women's bathroom, and let me tell ya, he was furious. The child does not understand why he can go into the women's bathroom but I can't go into the men's. At any rate, I let him go into the stall by himself, while I held the door. But, after a few minutes, I decided he was taking way too long, so I opened the door... and he was gone!

At this point, I pretty much screamed, "CALEB"... and a lady from the other side of the bathroom asked, "Were you with that little blonde boy?" And I (in a panic) of course said, "Yes!" And she said, "He just ran that way (pointing)... fast"!

So... of couse (again) I ran out the door, to find Caleb standing calmly with Seth and Grace... and to find Grace wiping tears off of her face, because Charlotte was dead... and so we come full circle...

Caleb is not allowed to go potty by himself in public restrooms anymore...

And somewhere there is a point in all of this... about Charlotte I mean... not about going potty...

On the way home, I talked with the kids about how Charlotte had great love for Wilbur because she gave her life for him. It's Biblical, you know... John 15:13 says, "Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." Amazing where you can find truth... sometimes when you're not even looking for it.

By the way... I actually observed the rules about not taking pictures this time... not because I'm getting better at following rules or anything, but because I was in a rather conspicuos spot to be taking pics. I did, however, get a nice shot of the kids outside before the show:

Lisa

No comments: