Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Monday, October 13, 2008

Time Flies...

... When you're seven goin' on seventeen!

Ah... Grace's 7th birthday! It never ceases to amaze me that my kids are growing up so fast, and then I stop and say that every time one of them has a birthday, and I realize that it's still true!

We mercilessly teased princess Grace all day long about how she wasn't going to get any presents, but I guess she knew that wasn't true, because she informed me that you only have to be good to get presents for Christmas... You always get presents on birthdays... hehehe...

Took some pretty good b-day pics. after fighting with her about the bees outside... ugh! Here are a few of my favorites:
My beautiful girl, after she stopped screaming about the bees...

A pretty good look at some real character...

Exploring the flowers...

At the park...

Of course, Grace thought we needed to go to Chuck-E-Cheese for dinner... which we did. We ate pizza and played games and came home with a boatload of candy, because that's mostly what the kids spent their tickets on this time around!

I made a Disney Fairies cake, which was one of my more pathetic cake efforts, but Grace loved it anyway. I made a funfetti cake with white frosting, sprinkled it with tons of "Pixie Dust" (aka white sugar sprinkles), and added five mini fairy dolls and a number 7 candle! I think I am going to start buying birthday cakes... then again... maybe not:

Present time was nothing short of hilarious! Grace has always loved opening presents, but I have never seen her quite so excited! And that's sayin' somethin'... Many of her presents were Disney Princess related, and by the time she got to the last one (FIVE Disney Princess dolls wrapped together) she was so excited that she was literally throwing the individual dolls on the ground and screaming! Oh my gosh... I will try to post the video once we get it captured, because I have seriously never seen anything like this! I was cracking up! I do have a couple of pics. that do the facial expressions justice:

I think Grace would tell you it was a very good birthday!

Lisa

No comments: