Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Saturday, March 22, 2008

"Egg"-stravaganza...

So, today I was thinking about how pastor's families should be labeled "at risk" during holy week...

Please, do not misunderstand...

I LOVE what we're doing! And, I LOVE what God's doing even more! I'm just feelin' a little tired this week...

By the time the weekend comes to a close, I'll be very glad that we do not attend a church that serves wine for communion. If we did, I'd be drunk. I LOVE communion. I'm just trying to get the point across that there have been a lot of services this week...

In addition, I decided that this would be a good year to take the kids to every community Easter event I could find... Well, it didn't really start out that way, but here's what happened... I wanted to take Ian to an Easter egg hunt. The one at church was only for ages 3 and up, so I decided to hit the community wide hunt at the park. It was scheduled for 10am. Since Ian stayed up until 5am, and the kids actually slept in, my feet did not hit the floor until a little after 9. I managed to drag the kids to the park (in the snow, and we'd already put away the winter coats) by 10:08. The egg hunt was already over. They were... uh... disappointed. Thankfully, Monica, Barb, and Keegan were there and told us about an Easter party that we could crash... at a nursing home... OK, so we didn't really "crash" it, but you know it sounds better that way... We went, sat on the Easter Bunny's lap (well, except for Caleb, because he has a thing about characters, and there were no waffles with which to hit the bunny...), picked Easter eggs, ate donuts, and actually won prizes (Caleb came home with a stuffed bunny, and Ian got bunny ears). Now the kids were not disappointed anymore, and we had a lot of fun.
A little before 1pm, Phil and Grace went to the firehouse and handled some technical issues. Phil left Grace there, since the party was getting ready to start, and came home to watch Ian, so that I could take Seth and Caleb. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera, so I dropped the boys off and made a quick trip home and back... We had great fun at the party, minus the fact that Caleb picked up a lot of the "wrong" Easter eggs. I have never seen a 3 year old collect so many eggs in the midst of lots of bigger kids. He shared them with all of the kids who didn't find many...

After that, we took a "field trip" to Kroger... We never did find Robert, Amber, Shelley, and Avalyn in the store... Were you guys hiding from us? hehehe... We did find George and Ruth, who were returning some... uh... interesting party supplies... It was kind of like an Easter egg hunt all over again, but we were hunting for people this time...

Then a quick stop at K-mart (does it ever end), and back home where Phil had cleaned up the house... a lot... because I haven't been able to convince God to extend my day by two or three hours, and Ian took a nice nap...

We had a LATE dinner of shells and cheese and chocolate chip muffins. We had to buy cheese powder in bulk, because Wal-Mart doesn't sell it anymore, so I laughed when I came through the door and found 27 cans of cheese powder sitting on the kitchen table... I think that Phil was hinting that he'd been shells and cheese deprived in recent weeks...

We also discovered that Ian cannot eat gobs of chocolate without getting sick... He sure gets mad if you stop feeding it to him, though...

Finally, the kids are in bed.

I still have a children's church service to plan. I hate to admit that at this time of night, but it's true. Thankfully, I have an amazing group of teenage/young adult people who are going to help me lead some "unplugged" worship tomorrow morning. My "bright spot", this week, was practicing with them, because there is something therapeutic for me about music, even though I sound like a dying cat half the time lately...

And there's that little issue of school... Hope I can get it done tomorrow, because more important things have my attention tonight...

And then there's that little issue of hardly seeing my husband for the past week... and there's really nothing more important than that... But he's more forgiving than any of the other commitments, so I guess I'll try to schedule him in next Wednesday...

Lisa

No comments: