Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Friday, March 7, 2008

Tribute to Grandparents, Part 4

Grandpa Ernie… The grandfather I never knew…

By the time I was born, Grandpa Ernie had already lived his life here on Earth and left many years before. I've always wished I had the chance to know him, but I suppose I'll just have to wait…

I don't really know a whole lot about him. I haven't heard many stories, and I have precious few pictures or other clues to help me understand the man he was…

Over the years, I have found a few things that Nana saved. One of those things was a very small gift box that he had addressed:

To: I

From: E

For some reason, I found that to be extremely endearing, and I have picked up the habit of using just my first initial to sign my name to many things…

I have often wondered what kind of grandfather Grandpa Ernie would have been. I hope he would have been the kind of grandfather that my own dad is to my kids. I hope he would have loved me a lot, and I hope he would have pulled coins out of my ears…

L.

No comments: