Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Happy Spring...

... Finally!!!

Well, on this first day of Spring, I can't say it's amazingly warm. Actually, there's still frost... ugh... But we must be getting closer to nice weather... I hope...

It's time for some home improvement... ahhh...

I am just about jumping out of my skin over the excitement of painting! Ask me if I still feel that way after a couple of rooms... See, here's the deal... For the past several years, we have been living in rentals with all white/cream colored walls. I am so sick of boring rooms! Our new house has plenty of color already, but I want it to be my colors... For example, the pepto pink living room walls have got to go... quickly... I am looking forward to painting multiple tones of purple in Grace's room, clouds and airplanes in the boys' bedroom, and dark blues and reds to go with the sports theme in Seth's playroom. This is probably going to take me all Spring... and maybe Summer... and perhaps Fall...

I am also getting ready to undertake a huge outdoor project. I'm putting in a fence... well, if I can ever manage to reach anyone at the office that's supposed to be able to tell me about permits and such... Then I plan to put up a new trampoline with an enclosure (am garage-saleing the one that came with the house, after finding that it cannot be enclosed)... and maybe a big play fort/swingset if I can "swing" it... yeah, pathetic pun intended... After that, I'd like to plant a garden, but I don't know anything about gardening, so I may have to wait until next year if I can't find anyone to help me...

All of these "plans" kind of hit me the other day, and I realized that I am never going to be satisfied with what I have...

Just a few months ago, I was crying (tears of joy), because we were going to be able to buy a house at all. We ended up with the closest thing to my dream house that I ever could have imagined, without building, and now I have to "improve"...

I don't really feel badly about wanting to do all of this. Maybe I should, but I don't. What I do feel badly about is that I know when I've completed it, there will just be something else I want.

Lisa

No comments: