Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Potty Training Techniques...

... For the Truly Desperate

So, on Thursday Caleb offered me this quote of the day, "I am never pooping or peeing in my pants anymore!" Actually, he kind of sang it...

Cue the Hallelujah chorus...

Oh, how I love Caleb. His amazing adorableness has carried him far to this point... So far that I actually laugh when he does things that I probably would have killed my oldest two over... But I did explain to him, yesterday, that his looks will only take him so far... hehehe...

Potty training Caleb has been the ultimate test of the human ability to exhibit patience under extremely frustrating circumstances. Sometimes Caleb is far too smart for my own good. He actually informed me that he would get potty trained when he turned four! FOUR??? Who would have thought...

At any rate, I have offered him half the Earth... and the moon... over the past few months, if he will just get potty trained...

He is very, very close (just some accidents at night now)... Here's what finally worked...

A combination of stickers AND M & Ms every time he goes potty... More when he poops...

The promise of Murdoch the "Take Along" engine when he doesn't have an accident for seven whole days...

And, yes, please see the pictures below of "Underwear Man"...

When all else fails, just let your child wear their underwear however they want...

Ah... I also promised him Buzz Lightyear underwear, but I can't find any in his size (4T)! Please... If anyone reading this sees any, let me know...

Lisa

No comments: