Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Friday, May 3, 2013

And Now...

...  I'm just procrastinating.  Really, I have been all day.  I mean, there were things that I legitimately needed to get done, but there were other things that were less than vital.

Guild auditions for Grace and Caleb were today, and although Grace was disappointed with her first program, she was happy with the second one.  Honestly, it all sounded good to me.  Caleb is always happy.  This, in turn, makes me smile.  Guild wasn't all that time consuming, though, so I decided I'd better throw some more interesting twists into my day.

Anybody out there interested in what we ate at this house today?

Pretty incredible homemade pretzel rolls:

I'd like to call this "reinventing the cheeseburger".
Burgers used to be a staple at our house, but I kind of lost my taste for them over the years.
This one was good:

And how about some pie for dessert?
Left: Fudge Walnut, Right: Chocolate Pecan

The recipe for the pretzel rolls can be found at the following link.  I cheated a little bit and just threw all of the ingredients for the rolls, themselves, into the bread machine on the dough cycle.  Other than that, I followed the directions, mostly:

http://www.mylifeasamrs.com/2012/01/salted-pretzel-rolls.html

Come on, Lisa...  Finish up the final paper and declare it summer vacation already!  Nothing like talking to myself...

L.

No comments: