Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Smart Women...

... tell no tales. 

Well, OK...  maybe not no tales, but I don't have time for too many at the moment.

A few pictures, I do have:

Found a double-headed monster...  oh... wait:

"The Hobbits" getting ready to quiz:

Oh, Seth...  We can onlyh assume he is saying, "Yoooooooooke":

After seven rounds of quizzing, NEI is seeded 1st.  Grace is currently sitting in 6th place, and I do not think it is possible for her to not make the top 16 to quiz off for a spot at General Assembly.  Seth is currently sitting in 16th place, about which I have mixed feelings.  It is my hope that he will have a great 8th round and jump up a couple of places, but much of what will determine his final placement is well beyond his control... or mine... so I am not holding my breath.

Let me just say this...  Both of these kids of mine have far exceeded any possible expectation we could have had for them in this rookie year of quizzing!  I have mentioned it before, but the truth is we didn't really go into this with any expectations, at all, except to get their feet wet and to hopefully develop a love of quizzing that would last throughout middle school... high school... and OK, let's face it, hopefully their whole lives.  But competitively, we have not pushed them.  They were simply born with the Q gene... or something... must be dominant...

Can't wait to see what they do in future years... and... uh... the rest of this weekend...

L.

No comments: