Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Muisc Awards Program...



I always look forward to the music awards program.  This one was bittersweet.  As some of my readers may know, Nancy (our kids’ music teacher) lost her husband this past year.  I always liked talking with Rob at the awards program, while walking the halls with wiggly little people who could not sit still for one more song or dance.  Rob was always so encouraging, talking about the days when he walked the halls with his own children.  It made me legitimately sad to not have him there today.

But we have an amazing music studio family.  I found it incredible how everyone seemed to jump in to fill the void… from setting up chairs… to serving drinks… to even my little attempt to help by taking the group picture.  It’s amazing how many people it takes to fill the role of just one, but I think we did it for this short period of time… maybe far less than perfectly, but at least we tried.  It was a solid group effort.

The program, itself, was pretty hysterical from my point of view.  Ian (who apparently suffers from stage fright) stood with his arms crossed and never cracked a smile.  Caleb (who has always suffered from stage fright) was unable to find a place to sit while drumming and it was just about more than he could take when he had to dance to “Mr. Banjo” with the new sparkly hats that were getting glitter all over his forehead, hands, and clothes.  “Mr. Banjo” is a class favorite, but poor Caleb just can’t dance (The ongoing joke is that he is a good Nazarene.  I should have had him wear one of his Naz. college T-shirts…)  Miah was also a riot, because after every class she would ask, “Is it time for cookies now?”  She sat amazingly well through four classes and then decided she was done, right before Caleb’s class was on… of course…





Caleb finished off the peanut gallery by taking three cookies, six crackers, and one Rice Krispy treat when it was time for refreshments.  May I never, ever neglect to get in line with that child, ever again!  I am so sorry. 

And that’s a wrap…  5 music awards programs down, 6 to go for this family…

L.

No comments: