Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Thursday, May 30, 2013

What Matters Most...

It's been one of those seasons in life where it is easy to lose track of what really matters.  I don't think kids are all that sold on the idea that summer vacation is a good time for cleaning the house.  Today, I admit that we got a lot of productive things done around here, but at some point I called it off and sat down to play some Super Mario Bros. Wii with Seth. 

About two hours later we had collected a voluminous amount of star coins, found a good place to save, and called it quits.  I was met by the stares of Grace, Caleb, and Ian who declared, "Mom...  you never gave us a turn!"  Bwahahahaha...  I cannot remember the last time I got that wrapped up in a video game!  At any rate, Seth and I had a blast together, and I wouldn't trade that time with him for anything, even if it was just us sitting together on the couch, and even if my younger children now think I'm a controller hog.  Parents...  stop what you're doing long enough to enjoy what your kids are doing!  Seriously...  the laundry can wait!

As a side note, the truth is the other kids just knock us off cliffs and stuff, anyway, so I guess it turned out alright.  Maybe we'll let them play next time... maybe...

L.

No comments: