Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Something Just Hit Me Like A Ton Of Bricks…



Caleb’s 9th birthday is in 5 days.  And we didn’t buy him anything related to Thomas the Tank Engine.  Go ahead and laugh, but I’m telling you, Thomas stuck around for Caleb a whole lot longer than most kids.  I think starting at about age 4 we would say, “This might be the last year Caleb’s interested in Thomas,” and then it just went on… and on… and on…

I might not have even thought about it except I had an e-mail in my inbox, this morning, from Zulily, and they are having a big Thomas sale.  I actually clicked on the link.  I didn’t buy anything, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t tempted, and I’d also be lying if I said I don’t feel just a little teary. 

The good news is, Caleb is still not embarrassed to sit on my lap or kiss me in public…  Gosh, I hope that never ends.  I’ll be a wreck!

How about a couple of retro pics for today:

Just Another Day At The Tracks (5/6/07):

 Riding on Thomas the Tank Engine in 2006:
L.

No comments: