Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Monday, May 6, 2013

Happy 9th Birthday, Caleb!

Nine is always an interesting birthday...  Halfway to 18...  Halfway to adulthood...  I hope the number of amazing moments in the next nine years are equal to the first nine, because that will make for an incredible childhood for Caleb.  I really love this kid, just so you know...




Without question, the funniest part of the day was when Caleb collapsed, still smiling, on the old railroad bridge, after our portrait taking marathon:


Our family tradition allows for the birthday person to choose his or her birthday dinner.  Caleb has decided that this should extend to breakfast and lunch, as well.  Because I am a sucker, I made Caleb puffed french toast for breakfast.  The precedence is now set, so I guess the new tradition is that the birthday person gets to choose breakfast, as well.  I'm drawing the line at that, though...

Caleb with his birthday breakfast:

And pizza, later on, at Chuck-E-Cheese:

Then, just when you think Caleb is not going to have to share the spotlight, at all, on his birthday, I have to tell you that Miah absolutely loved Chuck-E-Cheese.  That probably means that I will have to endure the "Rat Infested, Cardboard Pizza Palace" for at least another decade... 

 One Happy Kid:
  
Admittedly, we all kind of had fun:

We came home and had cake (maybe the best tasting cake I have ever made) and ice cream (Caleb chose blue ice cream, but we also had Reese's ice cream, because I just didn't think blue went too well with the chocolate and peanut butter flavored theme we had going on)...


Present time, followed by a very late night movie (and popcorn... the kid loves to eat), and that's a wrap!

 

 Happy Birthday, Caleb!  Mama loves you forever... and ever... and ever...

 L.

No comments: