Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Friday, June 26, 2009

Catchin' My Breath...

Ah............

That was nice..........

OK, so Grace and I are currently at General Assembly! We actually arrived at the right time this morning, which was a nice change in pace from yesterday! Grace is participating in the Nazkidz convention and learning about missions around the world at this moment. And here I am, enjoying my free wi-fi... It feels great to be back in touch with virtual reality, let me tell ya! Have already chatted with Monica and Robert this morning, and I hope that very soon Skype will be re-installed on my computer so that I can see Phil and the boys!

It occurred to me last night that I have taken precious few pics. on this trip. Actually, it is probably a normal amount for most people, but I feel like I have captured hardly anything on film. I cannot currently get movie maker to save files, so there will be no video updates. However, I do have a few pics. to share from our trip to the Magic Kingdom:


As a word of explanation, we are NOT on a Disney Vacation. However... our flight situation netted us a couple of extra days in Orlando, and we ARE on a dining plan, so we have had some theme park experiences in the midst of the mass chaos that comes from attending this convention in Orlando!

Yesterday, after Grace participated in the Discipleship in Action program, we made another trip to the airport (that brings our MCO count to three) because Alamo charged us for insurance that we didn't need, and they insisted that we bring the car back to inspect for damages before they would drop the charges for the rest of the trip. Well... when we got there, nobody inspected the car at all... didn't so much as glance at it... and then they took the optional insurance off for the next few days. I really think they could have accomplished this on the phone.

We also made reservations for "Hollywood and Vine", because due to the dining plan we have to choose so many "table service" meals, and I feel sort of pressured to choose the most expensive meals, since they are included. After eating dinner I thought, "Gosh... that wasn't very good (minus the cheesecake of which I ate four pieces... uh... they were NOT regular sized pieces... just so you know). At any rate, they bring you a bill for what the meal would have cost, and when I saw it my eyes popped out of my head! Without the dining plan the meal would have cost $50.00! That is just for me and Grace! Oh... wow! Well, it was an experience! Since "Hollywood and Vine" is at Hollywood Studios, we did catch The Little Mermaid show, and then we headed back to the hotel for a few hours of sleep!

Grace is really enjoying the children's activities here at the convention and looking forward to quizzing tomorrow! We are planning to get in early tonight in order to review and get a good night's sleep!

To this point, I have been unable to locate very many friends here, which is kind of disappointing. We did find a few friends from Ohio this morning, and I have seen several people that I know by name but whom I did not really feel like chatting with. I am going to have to do a better search for my Iowa friends if I can later this afternoon! If you happen to be reading this, I know you're here! Send me a facebook message so I can find you!

Alright... gotta restart the computer to make Skype work! I will probably post again later!

Lisa

No comments: