Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Why I Love Sea Turtles...

... Continuing adventures of Mommy and Grace, who are still in Orlando...

A few hours at Epcot sounded pretty good today! Rode some fast and high flyin' rides... ate some breakfast with some princesses and some lunch with some fish... got hit on by a turtle...

Whoa... Stop... Let's back that up...

Grace and I decided to go to "Turtle Talk with Crush" as our last magical adventure before hitting the souvenir shops (this is what we "decided" although not what actually happened, because I took a wrong turn and ended up in the land of Figment, so the fun went on longer than it really should have)! Anyway, we were walking to the line for "Turtle Talk" when a Disney cast member caught up with Grace and asked her if she'd like to do the countdown to call Crush... which of course she liked a lot! We were seated before anyone else, and when it was time for the show to start they announced that Grace was going to call Crush... and she did. Time in spotlight over, right? Not so fast...

So Crush comes out and starts talking to the kids and asks Grace, specifically, some questions. I have this all on video even though I can't remember all of the details at the moment... His final question to her is, "Who brought you here?" And Grace... who as everyone knows is usually very talkative... social butterfly, sanguine child that she is (we really don't know where she came from)... says absolutely nothing and looks completely confused! So Crush says, "Don't worry... I'll find who you belong to" and proceeds to ask the person who brought Grace to raise their flipper... So, of course, I do. Now, at this point, Crush asks me my name and engages in some small talk with me about how many children I have (only 4 to his 65), etc. etc. And every time he addresses me he calls me, "Lisa Mom"! So I'm having fun with this, and I finally make some remark back to him and finish it with, "Crush Dad". And then he stops and says, "Oh... dude... you know what we just did?" And I say, "What?" and he says, "We bonded". And now I am "totally" laughing! So Crush goes on and on about what a cool mom I am, and I'm cracking up and trying to maintain the conversation, because hey... it's not every day that you get to talk to a Sea Turtle or star in a Disney attraction! Finally our conversation is over, and Crush gets really quiet for a moment before he flips over on his back and says, "Ahhh... Lisa"... and I am just about dying here on the front row, because the whole room is in stitches...

After Epcot, we decided to head to the Contemporary Resort via Monorail to do some shopping for the boys. We also needed to buy an extra carry on bag for the plane, because we packed our bags to the absolute maximum capacity, and we were returning with more than we brought. So I look at the first bag I see (about backpack size) and it is $65.00! At this point I started seriously thinking about mailing our souvenirs home! But then I see a sign that says you can buy this other bag for $10.00 of you spend so much, and I add up the cost of what I'm currently carrying around and decide it's worth it. At the counter I mention to Grace that we need that bag to carry our souvenirs home and the amazingly awesome older gentleman ringing us up says, "Here... take two. The second one is free!" Wow! I was very happy with this. These are probably at least $40.00 bags, and I got two of them for $10.00 total!

And we needed every bit of space to pack our belongings...

We actually enjoyed our hotel for a while tonight, and Grace finally got to swim in the pool, which she has been wanting to do since we arrived, but we just never made it down there because we were either too busy or too exhausted! Honestly, I was too exhausted tonight, too, but I wanted her to have special memories of this trip, and swimming was very important to her...

I took these pictures out front, which I absolutely love:

We did give our free 30 minute arcade card away to a mom with two young teenagers. We just weren't going to have time to use it, and they looked like they probably needed it more than we did anyway!

Finally got Grace to go to sleep around 10:00 and took another hour to pack the rest of our stuff. 3:00am is going to come fast...

Lisa

No comments: