Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Another Quiz...



… is in the books.

I cannot believe how fast this quiz season has gone.  Sterling is coming up in two weeks (I will be staying home to take Caleb and Ian to their Upward games), then District Finals and Top 16 two weeks after that, then Indy (another Upward day for me), and then all that’s left is Regionals at Celebrate Life in May (assuming S & G make the team(s)).  What a whirlwind of a first quiz year for them!

I had great intentions of taking pictures of every team that came through my room today, but it seems that I completely forgot after round two… oops…

I think Grace has been chasing an elusive first place individual finish for awhile now.  The funny thing about Grace is I know she never thinks about it while she’s quizzing.  She can quiz out every round, and I still find her wondering if she’ll make the top 10.  She’s not really a numbers person.  However, after the quiz off that was just about heartbreaking for her at the Lela Close tournament, I was awfully glad that she snuck into that top spot for the February District Quiz.  The look on her face was priceless when her name was announced, because she really was clueless!

Seth tied for 8th this time around, and he continues to amaze me as he grows into this quizzing thing.

I think we’re seeing more maturity from both of them, but the meltdowns get a little more intense as we near the end of the season.  I have to keep reminding myself that I had plenty of meltdowns as a quizzer, and it didn’t have anything to do with age, either.  There were still a lot of tears, even as a Senior in High School, and it’s really more of an intense, competitive, perfectionist thing than a bad attitude.  Still, I think S & G are rockin’ it, and there’s really no getting around that.

What I never did, as a quizzer, was to sit down in the middle of the floor, proceed to make a bridge, and then answer upside down.  I do not think we will be seeing that again from Grace, if I can help it…

Hmmm…  Pictures of the day:

Illuminate Peru, 3rd Place Team
Still looking pretty happy even though they had to relinquish
"The Trophy of Ultimate Power"

N.E.I. Top 10 Individuals for February

And, Oh!  The rest of the family had fun today, too!
Caleb took this picture while we were gone.
He, Ian, Miah, Keegan, and Ms. Monica had just finished making
Play-Doh Ducks!
Yes!
 L.

No comments: