Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Thursday, February 28, 2013

The Final Product...

Our upstairs bathroom... previously referred to as "The Duck Bathroom" has needed to be renovated for a long time (probably since we bought the house).  I have put it off, because it is located in the most obscure place and no one ever uses it except our older kids.  Honestly, in the 5 1/2 years we've lived here, I think I have taken a shower twice in that bathroom.

However, it occurred to me sometime last week that I had invited guests to come for the weekend of the Indianapolis quiz and that they might actually want decent bathroom facilities.  I also figured that it was probably unrealistic to expect 3 adults, 5 quizzers, 2 basketball players, and a baby to all get ready in one bathroom next weekend.

And so... the rennovation began...

Although I would not suggest roll on popcorn paint for an entire room again... ever...  It did serve its purpose, and the ceiling looks great!  I, also, was covered in popcorn paint.  This was rather disturbing to Miah who kept asking if I was OK even after I got cleaned up...





The Ceiling:

I think the room turned out fabulous!  Presenting...  "The Mickey Bathroom"








L.    

PS  Do other people name the rooms in their houses?  Just wondering...

PPS  Thanks to Brad, Sheri, Abby, and Noah, whose Christmas gift card to us was used to buy all of the Mickey Mouse stuff!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For the record, I have *never* used the shower in that bathroom. And despite the great new look and a very clean, sanitary place for a shower...I still don't plan on using it! ;)

phil