Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

I Love A Good Deal...



Our local Dairy Queen offers ½ off everything on Tuesday!

Our kids got Dairy Queen gift cards for Christmas, and every time the ask to use them, I remind them about ½ off Tuesdays.  Except none of us can seem to remember to put the two together… gift cards and Tuesday, that is…

Well, this morning Seth greeted me with something like, “Good morning, Mom.  I love you.  It’s Tuesday.  Can we go to Dairy Queen?”  Ignoring the sub-zero temperatures and freezing winds, I told him that we could, indeed.

As it turned out, I decided to just take orders and go pick it up.  It tends to be a little crowded on Tuesdays, and… well…  it’s flu season and I didn’t particularly want anyone sneezing in my Blizzard.

I walked out of there (well, actually I walked out of there twice, and the second time I had the help of an employee) with two grilled cheese kids meals, two hot dog kids meals, one chicken strips kids meal, five chocolate milks, three chocolate extreme blizzards, two cookie dough blizzards, one chocolate covered strawberry blizzard (Miah ordered “pink” ice cream, thank goodness they had some), and an ice cream cake for a little over $5.00.  The kids still have $6.00 each on their gift cards.  I almost feel like an extreme couponer or something!

Getting Ready to Eat:
 Ice Cream Does Something to This Child:
 Thanks for the Reminder that it's Tuesday, Seth:
 L.

No comments: