Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Thursday, February 21, 2013

I Am Deeply Disturbed…



… that this breakfast might not be a healthy choice based on things I just read:


I’m honestly not sure what to think anymore about the organic, natural, raw food health craze.  Last year I gave up things like “pink slime” and put an enormous effort into buying organic produce and meat, cutting way back on processed foods, and generally cultivating a healthier lifestyle (at least in the form of what this family eats). 
 
I weighed in more than 20 pounds more at the beginning of this year than last.

And that’s the least of my concerns (well, OK, maybe not really the least, but work with me here)…

Did you know that processed juice is often stored for over a year before it hits the grocery shelves after being mixed with “flavor packs” containing only who really knows what?  I’m talking about “natural”, “fresh squeezed” juice here…

And that even organic fruits and vegetables are being grown in soil that naturally contains a certain amount of arsenic?

I give up!

The honest truth is I don’t have the time or desire to fresh squeeze my own fruit and vegetable juices and to live off of them.  I just can’t do it.

In addition, it’s probably a really bad plan to take the only alternative to eating anything, which is consuming filtered water, alone.  This kind of “healthy” only lasts for 3-6 weeks, at which point you starve to death…

I’m at a loss here…

L.

1 comment:

Journeying Off the Beaten Path said...

Yes, it is disturbing. :/
We've been trying to keep a 'clean' diet, but it seems harder and harder to do when every time you turn around, that one thing you thought was safe is somehow tainted. Some days I long for the days of ignorance so I can have a big ol' cheeseburger and a root beer, lol! Ahh, and as for the water.. That's probably another discussion altogether. haha!