Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

"And the State of the Union is..."

... what?

I just listened to President Obama drone on and on... he blamed the previous administration for the state of our country... he blamed congress and repeatedly encouraged them to put bills on his desk for one thing or another... and then he basically said that he intended to do whatever he wants, with or without the support of the rest of our government. He actually asked for more power.

About 70 minutes into the speech, he closed proclaiming that the state of the union will always be strong. Really? Hmmm...

There is a lot I could say. The truth is, I almost voted for the man. Maybe I was drunk. That's pretty unlikely, since I've never had an alcoholic drink in my life, but I'm grasping at straws here...

I struggle, even now, because I have always believed that we should have a healthy respect for the leaders of our government... even if we don't agree with them... but I just don't have that kind of respect for President Obama. I want him out of office. Period.

I shared on facebook several months ago about how Seth and Grace are involved in a Black History Club through their on-line school, and when asked what the best thing President Obama could do for our country was, Seth responded, "leave"! I said it then, and I'll say it now... The mother in me who tries to teach respect for leadership was somewhat taken aback. The conservative in me walked out of the room, closed the door (so as not to be seen by the children), and laughed hysterically. And maybe there was a fist pump or two...

That's not how I want to view the President of the United States. It just isn't.

Of all the things I could mention from this State of the Union Address, the one that struck me as the most ridiculous was this. President Obama actually said, "What's happening in Detroit can happen in other industries"! He said this as if it would be a good thing. I was dumbfounded.

Because, you see... I'm from Detroit. I love Detroit. And I have watched as many of my Michigan friends and family members have struggled under the worst of economic situations over the past few years. We want the whole country to be like Detroit? Wow...

I have yet to make a decision about who I will be casting my ballot for in the GOP primary. Maybe by the time we get to our primary I won't have a decision to make. My candidate of choice has been out for some time now, and no one who is left in the race is inspiring me all that much. But we've got to come together and make a good decision. Our future depends on it.

Lisa

No comments: