Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Monday, January 9, 2012

Just When I Think...

... I'm not going to have anything interesting to say today, Ian surprises me right at bedtime...

He says, "Mom there's something that you're going to have to help me build (pause) tomorrow (pause) at 10:00...

And of course I say, with great anticipation and an attempt to hide my laugh, "What?

To which Ian responds, "An amusement park!"

Well... I guess I have my work cut out for me, now, don't I?

I found it very interesting that Ian was so specific. Sometimes I feel like he must think that he needs to make an appointment to get my attention, particularly on a day filled with schoolwork for three older siblings and a somewhat cranky, demanding little sister who still has a cold... Not that Ian ever gets lost in the chaos... he makes sure of that... but still the very fact that he has this planned right down to the time was telling.

And I find myself thinking, "At least we got to read a bedtime story, just the two of us, tonight... and I wonder what kinds of cool things I could build in an amusement park, because surely he won't envision any rides that go up and down!"

Lisa

No comments: