Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Friday, January 13, 2012

I Don't "Do" Sick Well...

... I have probably mentioned this before.

As you may recall, our whole family took turns being sick on our recent vacation. This did not stop upon our arrival home. In fact, early (sort of) yesterday morning, I found myself sitting with Miah at Redi-med... waiting to be seen for our nasty congestion...

Verdict was... upper respiratory infections... and croup... and bronchitis... nice.

So we came home and pulled out the sofa bed, where I crashed for the day and attempted to remain coherent enough at sporadic intervals to help Seth, Grace, and Caleb finish up their first semester work; to remind Ian not to sit too close to me or he would catch my germs; and to peek at Miah who systematically disassembled her entire high chair while sitting in it and watching Blue's Clues (the kid is going to be an engineer)...

I have heard of these amazing women who prepare five course meals while sick. My kids had hot pockets... made by Grace...

Phil brought us antibiotics and steroids and took Seth and Caleb to basketball practice. Other than that, I have absolutely no idea what kinds of things went on in this house yesterday.

The truth is, when I'm sick I really want to snuggle down under the covers in my nice warm, dark room and sleep all day. This is, however, not an option for a mother of five...

I have a pretty decent pain tolerance (as is evidenced by the fact that I delivered four of those five children without pain medication), but being sick... It's just not for me...

And here I sit, tonight... some 36 hours after the Redi-med visit... still feeling grouchy and nasty...

Good thing my family rocks...

L.

No comments: