Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Friday, January 6, 2012

And We're Back...

Undoubtedly, this was the worst travel day of my life...

I woke up feeling sick to my stomach and proceeded to vomit all the way home... I had really hoped at this point that this sickness would elude me... no such luck...

I pretty much attempted to sleep for most of the drive, which I'm sure made it a miserable trip home for Phil, as well.

By the time we reached our driveway, I was feeling well enough to help unload the van, unpack the stuff, and attempt to bring some sort of order to the house...

Some final, random thoughts on the trip...

The kids raked in the souvenirs...

I am looking forward to one of my favorite parts of the "post trip"... processing and organizing 3,248 pictures and some 20 hours of video into a DVD that we can watch over and over again to relive the memories...

It's funny, but it doesn't seem to matter how long we're gone; time always seems to fly on vacation. Grace said it best when we arrived home and she exclaimed, "It almost doesn't even seem like we went!" I am almost always sad when a trip comes to an end, but this time I was ready to come home. I'm not exactly sure what made the difference, but it just felt right. Give me a couple of months, and I'm sure I'll miss Florida...

Although I have always felt that the "magical" age for Disney World is 4 or 5, I think Ian sort of broke the mold on that. Undoubtedly, he had a great time, but as we found out, he really doesn't love to ride, and the characters were just sort of OK for him. I am wondering if part of this lack of immersive magic has to do with older siblings who are no longer quite as enamored. They are all going to be getting some instruction on this before Miah turns 4!

Vacationing when you're sick is tough... simply put.

I would not trade this trip for the world. Having always wanted to experience Disney at Christmastime, we can now say that we have. We needed this time away, and we needed this time together. It was very, very good in ways that I am struggling to put into words. Maybe I don't need to...

Lisa

No comments: