Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Soundbite Blogging...

My online social presence actually began with blogging. I have never been very successful at keeping a journal, but somehow it became exciting to share all of my mishaps with the world. It began on a little site called xanga (at some point I still hope to transfer all of those posts to this blog). Ironically, the beginnings of my blogging experience had a lot to do with people who had no idea that xanga was public... feel the sarcasm... but enough about that...

As social networking grew, the blogging population shrank... considerably... And I have said it before, and I'll say it again, this is really, really sad...

I mean... anyone can check in at McDs... send a text about the unsalted fries... update their status to reflect the frustration of having to send an on-line assignment in... and tweet that they are drinking Pepsi... while surfing youtube for the latest movie preview... simultaneously... (and by "anybody", I do not mean me)...

In all of these soundbites of life, we find that we can locate anyone... at anytime... and we know which McDs to avoid... which colleges assign too much work... and which entertainment venues to look forward to... but we have lost the stories of life...

And so with that thought, I have decided to make a concerted effort to blog every day this year. So far I'm 11/11! There was a time when I wouldn't post a blog if it wasn't detailed enough... interesting enough... meaningful enough... but it occurred to me at some point that I have been posting status updates that are one liners, so even if I don't have the time to create a full fledged story there is probably something worth saying everyday...

And for today, that's it...

But tomorrow I am going to try to branch out as I offer my first "Thursday Theology"...

Keep Reading (please)!

L.

No comments: