Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Sunday, January 8, 2012

There Is A Part Of Me...

... that would probably just go on nursing Miah for a long time to come.

However, I have kind of always been of the opinion that when a child is old enough to ask for it, he or she is probably at the age when you should stop.

There's something a little harder about this than I imagined... (everything with Miah is, right?)...

Over the course of 5 children, I have nursed for 73 months (that's 6+ years):
2 Weeks for Seth
14 1/2 Months for Grace
22 Months for Caleb
15 Months for Ian
and now just over 21 Months for Miah

There is something about nursing a baby that just magnifies every maternal instinct I have. Miah is almost undoubtedly our last baby (I have learned to never say never, because you never know what might happen, but we are 99.4% sure of this...) It makes it a little more difficult to give up any "baby thing" with her.

But we have come to the point where she actually says, "Newes" (her word for "nurse", which actually sounds an awful lot like "nurse") and is not ashamed in the least to go right after what she's looking for... even in public... So I think we've pretty much come to the end...

(As a note, Caleb said, "Nigh Nigh" and Ian said, "Nyah Nyah", so nobody but me ever really knew what they were looking for... I don't remember Grace having a word for "nurse")

Should I feel so ridiculously sad about this? And why on earth am I blogging it? Questions I will probably wish I hadn't thrown out there on the World Wide Web, but I really would like to blog every day this year, if possible, and that's just what's on my mind tonight...

L.

3 comments:

phil said...

You may be only 99.4%, but I am the other 0.5%!!! :)

L. said...

Uh... Not unless you know something I don't... And nice math, by the way... ;)

phil said...

Oh...I just wasn't clear enough. What I *meant* was, if you are 99.4% certain, than I am the other 0.5% that makes us completely certain!