Happiest Place on Earth

Happiest Place on Earth

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Switching Gears...

Happy Birthday (Party) Ian!

And so we return to our "normal" life in which we shove every piece of clothing we own into the laundry room and invite our friends over for a birthday celebration featuring the best dining options that the frozen food section and pre-made Kroger bakery selection have to offer...

I am too hard on myself when it comes to birthday parties. The truth is, Ian loved his Go, Diego Go themed bash... most of his best friends and their families were here... and we are feeling mighty blessed to have a place to call home and a group of people we love...

Although there were some cases in which the balloon wrestling got out of hand... and the pinata trampling was rough... I think everyone had a pretty good time, overall.

I have often heard that the foundation of your whole life is laid in the first 5 years. I hope and pray that Ian will, above all, love Jesus... love family... love friends... just love. I think we have taught him this.

In the hectic scramble of vacationing and partying, I don't have a lot of portraits to mark Ian's milestone birthday number 5, but they will come in time (hopefully sooner rather than later... hopefully this week)! For now, I am just happy to sit back and celebrate the life of my little superhero/ninja this far...

I love you, Ian!

L.

No comments: